Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day Two

I had a difficult time choosing a photo for today. I've been sick for the past two days and as I looked through all of my pictures, none of them seemed to fit my mood.  Flowers=too bright and happy. My dogs=too energetic. People=too personal.

Finally, I came across this picture. For whatever reason, it jumped out at me and seemed perfect for today. It is so beautiful, yet so simple...not filled with tons of colors, not too busy, just very serene. Plus, it brings back wonderful memories for me! I took this picture on the very first mini vacation Nate, my super amazing boyfriend, and I took.  It is Spouting Rock, which is just above Hanging Lake in the Glenwood Canyon. I thought it would be a wonderful weekend date...a nice hike up to some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen and then a few days of relaxing in the hot springs. Well, the "hike" turned out to be more of a climb! (We were getting passed by people well over 50 years old! ha!) So I ended up dragging poor Nate to the top of the mountain on his day off. And did he complain?! Not near as much as I did! Ha! I should mention this was only a few weeks after we started dating.  Regardless, we had a really great time! I got some amazing pictures and we had a nice few days laughing and enjoying each others company!

Oh my, I've ended up rambling more about Nate than the picture itself...and of course, it made me feel a little better! :) 

2 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful photo!!! i love how the waterfall looks soo smooth and calming! i just found you through jihee! your photography work is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    I'm glad you enjoy my work :)

    ReplyDelete