Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day Twenty Three

I absolutely loved touring all of the museums in Washington, DC.  If I had to choose a favorite, I think it would be the Newseum, probably because there was so much photography featured in it!  I loved seeing so much history and emotion captured on film.  Plus, all of the actual pieces of history that were displayed (see below :)! ) I could go on and on about how cool this place is, but it just wouldn't do it justice. Go see for yourself someday!


This is a piece of the Berlin Wall that is always on display in the museum.  


Close up of the antenna mast from the North Tower of the World Trade Center.  The 9/11 Gallery was definitely one of the more emotional exhibits. They had an entire wall of front pages of newspapers from across the world with 9/11 headlines. Unfortunately I didn't get a great picture but it was pretty incredible to see.

1 comment: